Monday, January 9, 2012

hope

At 12am on January first I got an overwhelming feeling that this is going to be a great year.
And you know what?
Pretty sure I'm right.
My mom gave me  a book for Christmas called "Believe".
Sounds corny, I know, but it's not, so stop making fun.
I have decided to read a two pages every Sunday and make a goal to go along with my New Years resolutions based off of what is said on those pages.
Yesterday, the page I read said "Believe in fresh starts and new beginnings." and then there was a quote by Norman Cousins . . . "The capacity for hope is the most significant fact of life. It provides human beings with a sense of destination and the energy to get started."
It is a habit of mine to tell people not to get their hopes up. The fact being that I tell others this obviously means that I have also developed a habit in my mind that I will not get my hopes up. This has been going on for a little over two years, and I have decided - WHY?
The fact is simple: I got hurt. But SO WHAT? People get hurt. That's what happens. We're all human.
So, I have officially decided, starting today, that I am going to get my hopes up. I am going to expect everything that I expect from people. Sure, the downfalls might be a lot higher of a drop, but at least I looked forward to something. At least I can go about my life having hope and faith in people,
INCLUDING MYSELF.
So, I challenge you to hope for anything. Get your hopes up, believe in yourself.
Because without hope, what do you have, really?

No comments:

Post a Comment