Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Imperfectly Perfect

I am feeling so humbled lately. I am amazed at the wondrous plan God has in mind for George and I. We have been wanting church callings since we moved in. We both love to feel needed and we also love to have responsibility and help people in any way possible. Which is why our callings that we have finally received are perfect for us.
I have been called as the Activity Days leader (for those of you who don't know what that is, it used to be called "Achievement Days." Ring a bell?" haha. I get to meet with girls from the age of 8-11 yrs. old and prepare them for the Young Women program! I am SO excited. I had to laugh, though. I think God is getting back at me because I absolutely HATED achievement days when I was a kid. HA! Well, wish me luck. More than half these girls have the energy I used to when I was their age. . . that can't be good. haha. ;)
George has been called as the second counselor in the branch presidency (We are in a branch. If we were in a ward, he would be in the bishopric if that helps direct your thoughts). We were both amazingly surprised when we got the call to meet with the stake pres. We went and he talked to us, got to know us, but didn't give George a calling, but he told us he would get back to us. It was last Friday, I had to work so George had to go all by himself, he was told the responsibility he would have and he was blown away. When he told me I was, too. Neither of us thought it would be that kind of calling! CRAZY! He is very excited, though, he will admit.
God has blessed us in so many ways. We have truly been fortunate enough to have found each other. Especially at the right time and with the right circumstances. Life is not easy and we are not perfect. We argue and have bad days. Sometimes money is tight. Our jobs are not ideal in any way. But we are making it. And we are making it comfortably. It is nice to know that when we do all we can to serve God and our fellow man, and keep the commandments, the Lord has our back, and he always will.
When George got his calling, I couldn't help but think of the amazing man I was lucky to get. Not because he is in the branch presidency, but because he is worthy to hold that calling. He is a righteous man who loves me and loves God more. I only hope that if I have girls someday, they could be as lucky as me.
Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us next!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Cass--you guys are gonna be BUSY with those callings!! I am happy for you that things seem to be settling--jobs, callings, friends, etc. That makes life much easier, and much easier to reach outside yourself and serve the Lord and others. You are both great people, and it will be interesting to see how these callings stretch you, as you know ANY calling will do. Be supportive to George as he will probably be away from home even more. Never hold it against him that he's out serving the Lord. Be thankful that you have that kind of husband (as it sounds like you already are), because many women are not so lucky. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw honey, awesome! Chrystal is right, many women would love to have a husband who is a righteous example. Thank goodness our sons and sons in-law are all such men. I loved visiting your Branch! the people there love both of you so much! and you are fairly new, but they already love you. :D Remember, there is a reason you are there, figure it out. serve.serve.serve.and then serve some more. Like Chrystal also said, you will be stretched, but it will be good for you. I wanted to leave you with the quote we shared with the Sunday School teacher, "Experience is your way of seeing the slight movement of God in your life. Through the power of the Holy Ghost you will come to "see" these movements, and you will be able to feel Gods love for you." remember, you are never alone, even when you think you are, there are many, many, here and on the other side who love you and will help you. George is blessed to have a wife that has so much confidence in him. And the Lord will bless you because you are so supportive of your sweet husband. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete