Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Valentines Day Melt Down

It seems I lost the "blogging fever" for a while there. Getting caught up in married life takes time and commitment, so thus my part time blogging employment has come back from the dead, I hope.

Valentines Day is something that I long looked forward to as a "newly" married woman. and I have to say...the day looked pretty tragic, but now as we look back, George and I have to chuckle a little. Although, I dare say that my chuckling is still a little bitter. Give me a couple years and it will be funny....Our First Valentines. Let me explain...
I was so looking forward to this day because it was a day I had long spent alone and was finally able to spend it with someone who actually cared about me completely and truly. It was all very exciting.
George had work all day and school right after and would not be home until around 9pm. Although we did not see each other all day, I sent in a cute little text with lots of x's and o's attached.
I cleaned the house and scurried off to work with a little pitter patter in my heart, so in love with my BFF.
When I got home, I frantically ran to the grocery store, put a slice of turtle cheesecake from work into the fridge, got the food in the crock pot, set up a little candlelight picnic in the center of our living room, had some mood music on softly in the background, curled my hair, and was almost ready to go. I was boiling some noodles and daydreaming of him arriving (finally) with white roses in hand, beaming from ear to ear, and speaking soft words of love in my hear as we sipped our martinelles and ate our homemade mac and cheese. Sound cheesy enough yet? Well, I was serious. It was our first valentines day and I wanted it to be perfect...(haha....ya right!)
I looked at the clock and realized it was past 830 and that George always calls me right when he gets out of class. Now, this is where watching Criminal Minds in my spare time doesn't pay off....I started to wonder all things imaginable...car accidents, some idiot crazy man on the run picking on George (I don't know what I was thinking since George can handle himself, but oh well), blah blah blah. So I called him....like four times.... In the dating world that is a NONO but since we're married I figured it was okay and not otherwise obsessive (right????). haha.
He knocked on the door a half hour late. I opened it to an empty handed George. When he came in and saw all I had done for him, he felt horrible. He was going to get me flowers on his way home, but forgot since he had an important phone call and that's why he didn't call and then he saw I called so he rushed right home. So, I simply grabbed the laundry basket and had him help me at the Club House getting the laundry...I didn't say much. I reassured him. When we got back he kept saying how bad he felt and i tried not to cry...but I did. Because I got my hopes up for days...and put all the work in. He tried to reassure me and gave me a hug while I scooped some macaroni out of the pot and spilled it on my hand, burning it. I squealed and fell to the floor in tears. The macaroni did, too. So the night consisted of us hardly speaking to each other. I ate the food off the floor, poured the martineles down the drain, and went to bed after I did the dishes.
It all sounds stupid now, but when you're tired and hungry and looking forward to something...it burns fast. Not everything always works out perfectly, but that's okay. Life wouldn't be interesting...
P.S. He made it up to me by buying me a ring in Saint Maarteen. Haha.
Gotta love love.
Love,
Cass



1 comment:

  1. Hate to say it, but get used to it girl--it's called LIFE. It often gets in the way of our best laid plans. Eventually you'll be like me and Nate, both of you forgetting your WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. Valentine's day? Haha, yeah right. I'm sorry it was disappointing. Next time even if he didn't do anything, follow through with your plans to make sure HE has a great day. It will pay off more than a handful of flowers ever would. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete