Sunday, June 12, 2011

Epiphany on the Swing

I went out to my swings today and swung my little heart out. Why? Because when you swing, it's like your a kid again. And when you're a kid, you can imagine anything that you want. Because when you're a kid, your not criticized or mocked because you have a rainbow plethora of an imagination space, but you are praised for your creativity and everything is happy. And then you grow up and things are very, very different.
The End.
I've been thinking a lot about myself lately. And I know I have. I do. I say things I shouldn't, I act up because I'm still getting used to all this extra responsibility. Don't get me wrong, responsibility is wonderful. I love it. It just sucks at first when you step into really cold, deep water and you don't get warm until you swim around in if for a little while. Which is what I'm doing, swimming helplessly around in freezing water, trying my best to dodge ice chunks.
My best friend forever and ever never ending is finally here! I'm so excited! I just saw her yesterday and I finally feel like everything's going to be okay. We're two opposites who balance each other out. Yin and Yang. Yay! haha.
Also, I've learned that moving on isn't about forgetting, it's about accepting. It's really about being okay about whatever it is that happens and knowing that it happened and that it's over. I was always taught to forgive and forget and that's what I've been trying to do. But I think the important thing is to accept and remember. Accept and be okay that it happened, and remember it to make sure you don't make that mistake again. It's going to be hard and it's going to hurt but it's going to be completely worth it in the end, which I hope is very soon. Thanks, my lovely BFF for the wonderful advice.
This summer has been full of adventures and lessons learned and it's only been a week. I can't wait to see what's next.
<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment