Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fun Today, Consequenses Tomorrow (literally)

Today is my last day as a seventeen year old. It is weird thinking about it. Who knew that this day would ever come? Eighteen years of my wonderful life have now passed me by. Where on earth have they gone? No one knows. haha. All I know is that they're behind me now.
Some days I wish I could do over again. Say other things, keep my mouth shut, realize what I had, or realize what I really didn't have....I don't know...But, at the same time, there is nothing I would change. I like the me I've become from all of..."this."
The other day, someone told me all the things that they liked about me. I'm not trying to boast or make myself sound better in any way. This experience just opened my mind for the first time in a long time. This person told me five or six things that they liked about me. They had nothing to do with my physical image in any way. I was so shocked. Especially since this person was a boy and I thought that that's all boys really cared about.
All this time I thought I was this girl with no real defined personality. I felt like I was different with everyone else. I was always finding my way around, trying to figure out who I am. When, really, I knew all along. For that last six months I think I've learned more about myself than I have in the last three years. I just needed someone or something to smack me in the head and say, "Look at what I see! This is who you are! This is the good stuff! Focus on the good stuff!" So, I have been trying. Ever since they told me all the good stuff, I've decided. This is who i am. So, now, I'm ready to move on. I'll grow some more in the future, change a little. But, for now, this.....this is me.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes We all need a reminding. It takes courage, but everyone needs to know who they really are.

    I recently had an experience similar (in some aspects) to yours. It left me so happy that someone could appreciate all the good things :)
    I will remember this person for a long time, and hopefully they will remember me, because nobody has ever set aside the time to notice who I am. I am inspired by their honesty. To put aside her fears of destroying a friendship, but to say it anyway, because it needed to be said, is admirable.

    whoever this guy is, he sounds wonderful. I sincerely hope he does not end up getting to ahead of himself though.

    ReplyDelete