Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What Defines Me

My name is Cassady.
 
I love my husband.
His name is George.
My nickname is George.
And Tweed.
I love the color red.
And periwinkle,
and golden yellow,
and almost all shades of blue.
I love to look at and smell the ocean.
But it terrifies me.
I love the sun.
But I love the rain.
I love the smell of the rain
pine trees
pumpkin flavored things
vanilla
and chocolate.
I am whiter than white (if it were possible)
But I wish I was tan
I am feisty
I love the sound of gravel under foot
rain, George's voice, baby giggles,
nice cars, and waves.
I have horrible allergies.
I believe in Jesus Christ.
I love to dance.
Especially in my kitchen...
I believe in rainbows and imagination.
I love coco puffs.
If I were to eat only one thing the rest
of my life it would be...
Animal Crackers.
I love Indian food.
Who am I kidding?
I just love food.
I love being a member of the Church of Latter
Day Saints.
I know I have a Heavenly Father who loves me.
I love books, movies, musicals, and ballets.
I love a night out on the town.
I am ticklish on my hip...who knew...
I love sewing.
But it hurts my head...
and then I want to smash my sewing machine.
I get headaches.
But it's not what defines me.
None of this is.
What defines me is...
I am a Daughter of God.
I have a divine identity.
And that's all that matters.
And that's all I need to be happy.

1 comment: