Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Life

George and I are sitting here watching our favorite movie -- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty -- and I can't help but think about my life.
I have wanted to travel the world and experience it for all it has to offer since I was a little girl. I have surpassed so many opportunities to do so because life steered me in another direction . . . and then another . . . and another . . . and another . . . anyway.
I am happy. So happy. And so very blessed.
But the heart always goes wanting. Especially when it has a thirst for wanderlust.
My dear dear husband knows how important travel is to me. He is working on getting an education in order to get a job to earn some money in order to provide for my needs as well as all the dreams I have inside my head. Too many dreams. haha
I think, sometimes, we get caught up so much in what we want, that we lose track of what is most important, or we surpass other opportunities for growth and learning.
Blessed as I am, I have chosen the right path for me, but sometimes I go spending five dollars here or twenty dollars there and think 'Awe, man! I could've put that toward our travel money!' But there are so many wants that are closer in reach. Sometimes it's hard to decide what we want more.
Thankfully the Lord has my back (and yours) and always reminds me what's most important.
Maybe someday I'll get that couch, or I'll taste that fresh Italian pastry whilst sitting on the steps of the Colosseum. But, for now, my adventure is here, in Georgia, with George (hehe . . .).
So for now I'll keep looking at my vision board. And then I'll look at my dream man. And I'll be thankful that at least one thing is for sure; when I get that new couch, or breath in that French breeze on the top of the Eiffel Tower, I'll be sharing it with the one thing that matters most . . .
My love.
My life.

No comments:

Post a Comment