Sunday, May 17, 2015

It's My Party and I'll Eat Cake if I Want To!

Sup Kids?

Seriously, though, hey. :)

This is Cass comin' to you live from her love seat on the last day of her 21 year old life!

I'm about to turn 22! Paaaaartay!

I love birthdays. Not just mine, although any excuse to eat a brownie in my honor is by all means my pleasure. For real though, birthdays are awesome. Think about it just for one minute. On just one day every year you get to have a day where you have the opportunity to look around and realize how far you've come, and more importantly how far you have to go. And to be thankful for the people who have helped you get where you are, or who helped you realize where you need to be. And to thank God for this amazing opportunity to feel what it feels like to jump in the ocean waves and get salt in your eyes, to stand on top of a mountain and feel the breeze and look over a tiny portion of what he sees every second. To kiss someone and hold someone and eat food, good or bad. To roll the car windows down and sing to your favorite song or cry or laugh or feel so anxious you're going to die.

I am so thankful for tomorrow to celebrate another year of pulling through everything I've been through and taking a breath for myself for one small moment to celebrate the life I've been given.
Life is so short. And already, in the blink of an eye, almost twenty two years of mine has rushed by.
I welcome the next year of my life with open arms. There are still so many things I want to do and to see. Still so many things I want to feel and touch, and so many brownies that still need to make their way to my mouth.

So, tomorrow, for just one second, take a moment to celebrate with me. You don't have to celebrate me, but celebrate you, because you are awesome, and life holds so many possibilities.

Here's to what happens between this years and next years candles . . .
May it be an adventure worth remembering.



No comments:

Post a Comment