Friday, July 31, 2015

Georgia on My Mind

It's a rainy day outside. Which is just fabulous. I love rainy days when you get to stay in bed all day. Although, I'm in bed all day because I'm sick . . . yet again. But I'm trying to look on the bright side!
I've been on this health kick since we moved here. Trying to exercise more regularly, eat better, take my vitamins/probiotics, get time outside and getting the right amount of sleep. But for some reason I just can't shake the sick bug! This is the fifth or sixth time I've been sick since we've moved out here. It's been seven months! Totally ridiculous, right?

Maybe it's because I work in kid's mouths all day or that I have horrible allergies and moving here has made them worse. Or maybe it's my lot in life. But I refuse to let it get me down!

So many good things are happening right now in my life and I am so blessed to be able to say that! I ended up going to the doctors yesterday at which I was reminding myself how thankful I am to live in a first world country with sanitary doctor's offices and modern medicine. (Even though I ended up getting a shot in my hip and almost passing out cuase I HATE needles and causing a huge fiasco - so embarrassing . . .) But, wow! There are so many things to be thankful for.

Let me be honest. George and I aren't all too keen on Georgia as a place to live forever. But we have been very open to taking advantage of experiencing this new place! The beach, the amazing storms and frequent rain we love so much. Historic Downtown Savannah is so close and so charming. Change is never easy. And although I adapt well and I love the idea of change, when it actually happens I get so freaking stressed out, I sometimes forget to enjoy the ride.

Besides the bugs, humidity, hot hot hot summer, and did I say bugs? There' s not much to complain about! So excuse me while I enjoy this rain storm. Because if, in a few years, we do make it home, I'll be saying how much I miss Georgia. Wonderful, hot, smelly Georgia. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment