Sunday, December 18, 2011

I'm Dreaming of A White Christmas

It
hasn't
felt much like
Christmas yet. And I
Can't figure out why. I was
thinking that maybe it is because
I don't have a hand to hold, or because
the entire family is not together once again this
year. Then again, maybe it is because I have not done
anything real big for anyone or done anything for charity.I
thought that maybe it was because I didn't decorate the tree with
my family or because I did not get to help put the lights on this year either.
Maybe it was because I didn't get the chance to help mom decorate the house
or go Christmas shopping with her. Maybe it's because there is not any snow or because
I have grown too old to feel the magic. I was wondering if it is because I have lost Christ, but
I know I have not lost him. Maybe it is because I have not read any Christmas stories or listened to
much Christmas music. Maybe it's because there are both good and bad memories on Christmas and
they have all meshed together into one gigantic blob of grey. Or maybe because I need more hot cocoa.
But then I realized that
Christmas is what you
feel or do. It's what you
give. So maybe if I just
keep giving, I'll feel it.
Just maybe...............

P.S. If you don't believe, you don't recieve...

No comments:

Post a Comment