Sunday, February 19, 2012

{ CHANGE } vb.

Change is something I have never been very good with. We do not go hand in hand. In fact, I think we might be mortal enemies. Either way, there's no stopping it. Change is inevitable.
The thing about change is that it scares the church is true (thank you, Caitlin) out of me. Why? Because I have plans. I make plans. I have a day planner. I plan plan plan and go go go. And then change is like, "WHOA" and I'm all, "Oh, No you didn't!" (just pretend that was in a black girl accent...) and it's all "Oh, yes I did, honey." and then I cry. 
The End.
I guess change is good though. Well, not I guess, it is good. Change is good. I just hate the process. It seems you always lose someone or something with change. It gives me a headache. Sometimes heartache, too. But change is change. What can I do? It thwarts my plans and creates a mess out of me. All I can do is have faith that God has faith in me to know where I'm supposed to go, to know what I'm supposed to do, and to have the courage and the strength to do it. At least he has faith in me, because sometimes I doubt myself. We all do, I guess. 
My favorite quote ever: Be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi
One day I will live up to this saying. Just wait and see.

Song of the day: Holocene by Bon Iver (my favorite. He's amazing.)

1 comment:

  1. Change is coming .... again. but this time....you get to keep those around you and just add on. See, you will change location, you will change the face you see first thing in the morning and the last voice you will hear in the night, but this change is eternal, and so are all of us. We love you! we will always be here, because we too are part of this change. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete