Thursday, February 27, 2014

French Fries

I'm sorry but I just have to say it... My cooking is on fire! Seriously! Haha. No but literally. On fire. Let me explain...
About a week ago George and I were starving and i was trying to make dinner and had been slaving over it for almost two hours (usually a good indication I'll never cook that recipe again....unless it's cafe rio.... Or Indian food....anywho)... It was my first time frying fries...you know, there I was all domestic, making homemade french fries. And then all of a sudden there were flames over my oil pan... 
Well, thankfully I knew how to handle it because George tried to grab it by the handle with his bare hands and toss it in the sink... But I knew better... So first I smothered it which was fine... But then the smoke got so bad the alarm went off (most annoying alarm ever...) and so I took it outside and threw it off our balcony and into the snow....in the bushes... 
You could hear it go ssssssssss as it sizzled in the cold. Haha what a night. 
By this point I was done cooking... So we went to Wendy's for some fries. They weren't as good as my imaginary homemade fries but you know... Still good. 
We tried to salvage that poor pan... Here it is... All smelly and hopeless and ruined....

 
Time to buy a fryer....
 
Love,
Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment