Wednesday, April 6, 2011

10:30pm Wake-Up Call

As my lovely Dance Company friends and I were in my car driving back to the high school from getting our music cut at The Amazing David Banner's house, we all started to talk about how everyone is graduating (well not everyone but three girls (including me) will be, so, it's sad, and most of them will be seniors....anyway!) and stuff like that. When we got to the high school, we saw this person and what looked like another person laying down in the parking lot. We were all laughing, because a boy sat up, so we assumed what most high school kids would assume: make-out session was interrupted. So, we were giggling and whatnot, but when we drove past them, there was no "them" at all. It was only a "him." A "him" and a bunch of bags and things lying around him. He didn't look very happy and he was all by himself with all his stuff. He looked familiar, but none of us could put a name to the face, we've only just seen him around.
We all wanted to get out and help him or offer him a ride or something, but a bunch of girls with a strange boy at 10:30 at night was not a good idea. So, we decided to let life just take it's course.
This made me think of how we take so many things for granted in our lives. So much of the cliche' things that everyone says they're "grateful for", when we really should be and those are the first things that come to our heads because they're true. Things like a wonderful family, a bed, warmth, shelter, food, money, clothing, etc. There are so many "cliche's" out there, but they are only said so much because they are true. If they weren't true, not very many people at all would say them and they wouldn't be cliche' anymore. I have no idea where any of this is going because it's late, I still have homework to do, and my medication has worn off, but I can't take my night medication because it will make me sleepy. And I can't sleep when I have all this homework! AHHH!
So, here's a list of things I'm grateful for:
CLICHE' THINGS:
  • food
  • loving family
  • shelter
  • clothes
  • medication
  • bed
  • music
  • cars
  • heaters
  • soap
  • warm showers
  • good education
  • sleep......
  • my amazing friends
OTHER THINGS:
  • Tylenol
  • gas (in the car)
  • flowers
  • socks
  • dance
  • choices
  • entertainment
  • long breaks from school or other forceful activities
  • sunny days
  • rainy days
  • sweats
  • sweets
  • big lunches
  • toothbrushes
  • floss
  • carpet
  • books
  • and lots of other things, too.
I guess sometimes life just throws a wake-up call at you that says "Hey, chin up, life is good." This was one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment