Sunday, April 17, 2011

Obviously Obvious

ob·vi·ous\

[ob-vee-uhs] –adjective

1. easily seen, recognized, or understood; open to view or knowledge; evident: an obvious advantage.
2. lacking in subtlety.
3. Obsolete . being or standing in the way.
I've been thinking a lot about how obvious things are. It's so funny how the obvious things seem to be the things we miss the most. (at least that's how it seems to be for me.) I never see the obviousness of things, or I do and I just ignore it because it's something I'm not in the mood to face.
The things that most people don't find obvious, I do. I just don't get it. It's so confusing to be to think that something is obvious to one person, but not to me.
There was this sign my niece and I saw on the way to St. George this past weekend. It said, "When you die, you will meet God." I pointed it out to her and said "No, duh!" We both laughed and then she said, "That's like saying, 'If you cut the cheese, you will eat it.'" I thought that was pretty hilarious.
 But, seriously. How many times do we go around cutting cheese off of Colby jack cheese blocks and not thinking about what we're going to do with it after. It's not about if you eat it or not (at least I don't think it is), it's about how you eat it and when.
It's obvious, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment