Saturday, August 20, 2011

Cowboy Up, Little Darlin

It was weird waking up this morning and being completely alone in my apartment. No one was here to have breakfast with. No one was here to say "good morning!" No one was here to wake me up for scripture and prayer. No one was here to come in and open my curtains to let the light in and say, "wake up, sleepy head!" I guess this is how things are when you move out. I thought I had prepared myself and gotten through a lot of my homesickness even before I left yesterday. But, nope. My mom and I chatted this morning and I read Chrystal's updates on cooper and the cards my family gave me and here the tears are! haha.
My mom said my dad woke up this morning and came up to her and said, "Where's Cassady?" haha. I guess the shock of his baby girl being gone is going to take a while to sink in completely. Even when I woke up I had to take a look around to remember where I was.
I love it here. My own space, my own way of doing things. But there is nothing that can replace the family that has stayed so close to you through the years.
This is certainly going to take some getting used to. I can't wait to get all settled in and get to know people. That will be awesome. I've already made some new acquaintances.
Time has gone by so freaking fast. I don't know where it's all gone. Just yesterday my sisters and I were burying each other in the sand box while my brothers played b-ball on the court in our backyard. I'm vowing today to never take another day for granted. Every moment counts. Every second is all mine. Time isn't a joke, it is completely serious.
Now, in the words of Elder Hafen, it is time to cowboy up and ride this saddle we call life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment