Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Commence Opperation: Eat, Pray, Love

I have had a lot on my mind the last little while. I feel like I am not able to speak my feelings or my thoughts. It's like my entire being is tongue tied and I can't figure out how to unto the knot. I have been feeling so sad. But I don't have very many reasons to be sad. Only a few and they shouldn't put a damper on my mood like they have been. Should they? I don't know. I just don't know anymore.
I was sitting in the Institute building at a carnival tonight when I had an epiphany. . . What if I took the things that Julia Roberts character does in Eat Pray Love and modified them for my life?
If you have not seen the movie, it is about a soul searching woman who decides to travel to three different countries in the space of a year. She goes to Italy to gain back her appetite for food and for life. She travels to India to visit an Ashram and learn how to think clearly, and forgive herself for the things she's holding on to. She finally goes to Bali where she visits and old friend and learns more about herself and learns how to trust herself and trust others again.
MY ITALY:
Since I cannot travel to Italy at this present time, I have decided to do something a little different. I have decided to eat healthier. I am a pretty healthy eater as it is, but I have decided to watch my portions. If I get hungry I'll snack more on veggies and fruits. I'll eat protein bars to keep my hunger in check and try and have an egg and toast for breakfast in the mornings every now and again.

MY INDIA:
I am going to start meditating and maybe doing Yoga on my free Saturday Mornings or before bed every now and again. Not anything long. Just a few balancing and stretching exercises and then meditate for at least ten minutes. (I figure the meditating part could be good for Sunday's.) Hopefully this will help clear my mind and maybe help me listen a little more to the Holy Ghost with all the quiet around me.

MY BALI:
I have no medicine man to visit and no Brazilian man to fall in love with and dramatically change my outlook on them. So, I have decided that I am going to pray more fervently. I pray, yes, but I could do better. I have also decided to write in my journal once a week or twice a month. Last but not least, I am going to write down one good thing that happens every day before bed. I am also going to try and finish Life of Pie.

Here is my good thought for today:
  It's raining outside just for me. It's even the perfect temperature for rain, not too hot, not too cold. Jacket weather. Just right.

I hope this helps me. I guess we will see. I think it might be kind of fun. :)

P.S. Smile with your head, with your heart, even smile with your liver. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment